- Carrying out basic operations at any time and with lower fees on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, such as:
— depositing funds on payment account;
— withdrawing cash from a payment account at the Bank’s counters or at an ATM terminal during or outside the Bank's business hours;
— execution of the following payment transactions: a) direct debits; b) payment transactions executed by a payment card, incl. payments through the Bank's remote banking channels; c) credit transfers in BGN through BISERA, incl. orders for periodic transfers, at ATM and POS terminals and at the Bank’s counters, as well as through the Bank's remote banking channels;
- Unlimited number of transactions may be executed on a payment account for basic operations in respect of the above-described services on the spot - in the offices of the Bank or through the Bank's remote banking channels;
- Performing any other payment transactions at the standard fees according to the Bank's Tariff.
Minimum amount: 5 BGN
Opening: At the Bank’s counters, upon presenting all necessary documents and signing a Framework Agreement for the Opening and Servicing of Bank Accounts and Provision of Payment Services to Customers – Natural Persons. A Basic Operations Account may only be opened by a local and foreign natural person, lawfully residing in the EU. This includes individuals, having no permanent address, seeking international protection, as well as individuals, not provided with a residence permit, but who cannot be expulsed due to legal or factual reasons.
Purchasing additional services and products of the bank is not a mandatory condition for using the Basic Operations Account service.
Upon the submission of the request for opening a Basic Operations Account, the bank shall open the account or refuse such opening not later than 10 days after receiving all necessary documents. The bank shall be entitled to refuse the opening of such an account in the following cases:
- If the customer already has a payment account for basic operations with BACB AD or other bank operating on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- The customer already holds more than one payment account through which they may use the services provided by Basic Operations Account listed above unless they have been informed that their account will be closed;
- If the opening of the account is in conflict with the provisions, regarding the prevention of the use of the financial system for the purposes of money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
Documents, necessary for opening a payment account:
- Identity document of the natural person – account holder.
- If the account is to be opened by a proxy – a notarized power of attorney and an identity document of the respective proxy. If the power of attorney has been issued abroad, it must be accompanied by an apostille or legalization under the respective procedure, as well as by Bulgarian translation, made by a sworn, certified translator (certified by notary for the authenticity of the signature).
- Other documents, evidencing the legal residence within the European Union of citizens of non-EU countries, having permits for residence in the EU, individuals seeking refuge and other categories of individuals
Interest accrual: The charging of the interest shall take place at the end of each calendar quarter, applying the interest rate for payment accounts in BGN, specified in the bank’s Interest Rate Bulletin.