International MasterCard Standard debit card is a universal means of payment having the following benefits:
- You can make contactless payments;
- BACB MasterCard Standard is the first debit card in Bulgaria providing all the operations of credit cards - hotel reservations, car rentals, airline tickets, etc .;
- You get automatically a secure payment password for payments on the Internet;
- With MasterCard Standard You do not pay issuance and maintenance fee, also there is no fee for payment for goods and services in Bulgaria and abroad as well as no charges for cash withdrawals at BACB’ ATMs;
- You can order online your contactless MasterCard Standard debit card, by completing a Request for issuance in the Virtual Bank BACB Plus or by visiting any of the BACB offices;
- On your wish you can get free card delivery to an address specified by you or to the bank offices by a courier company;
- You can get a secure payment PIN and password via SMS to your mobile phone which ensures even higher security.
- Possibility for SMS notifications with each authorization.
- With MasterCard Standard of the Bank, you can take the advantage of Priceless Cities -the global platform for MasterCard, which offers unique experiences, privileged access to special events and attractive offers shopping in more than 40 cities , including Rome , New York, Paris , London, Munich and Dubai. Information valid for Bulgaria is available here , and more about the program itself can be found in the section FAQ
BACB international debit cards support the contactless payment function. PayPass gives cardholders the opportunity to buy goods and services for small amounts less than 25 BGN without the necessity of introducing a PIN or putting their signature on a POS terminal receipt. Cards are accepted in 210 countries and in more than 25 million retail outlets, as well as at more than 1 million ATM’s. You have access to your money 24/7 and apart from contactless payments, you can use all other standard procedures of debit cards– cash withdrawalsat ATM’s, paying at POS terminals and online payments. Online paymentsecurity is increased since our cards automatically receive a password for secure payments. The contactless MasterCard Standard debit card is the first debit card in Bulgaria performing all available credit card operations– hotel reservations, car rentals and airplane ticket payment, etc. Additional advantage of our debit cards is the possibility of performing different operations through your card account at the BACB branches– cash withdrawals, regular payments, transfers, etc. The operations are executed in real time.
What do you get?
A combination of convenience, speed and security.
- No issuance fee;
- No charges for cash withdrawal at BACB’ ATMs;
- No reissuance fee when the card expires;
- No annual service fee for the first year;
- No fees for paymentsfor goods and services in Bulgaria and abroad;
- No fees for online payments;
Who should use it?
MasterCard Standard debit card is suitable for people who prefer to use quick payment methods saving them valuable time. Those who would benefit from the advantages of credit cards, but instead of credit would like to use their own funds, can also benefit from this card.
BGN, EUR, USD
- Request for debit card issuance for individuals;
- ID card (for applying at a BACB branch);
- Qualified digital signature (to apply online).
Password for secure payments over the Internet
BACB AD provides to all MasterCard holders the service for secure payments over the Internet through the MasterCard SecureCode programme, offering higher protection for payments over the Internet. All BACB cards are registered in the programme. For each transaction made by the cardholder, Borika AD generates and sends via free SMS a different combination of digits that is valid for the particular purchase within 15 minutes.
The entry of the 3D password is obligatory for traders, participating in the MasterCard SecureCode programme, but it is important for you to know that your card will also function smoothly with traders not yet involved in this programme.