Your primary task is to graduate, not seek temporary tuition fee payment solutions.
The Student Loan under the Student and Doctoral-Candidate Loans Act (SDCLA) is guaranteed by the state and aims to extend partial or full funding of the studies to students and doctoral candidates. The loan is granted without collateral and solvency assessment.
Only now, Government-Backed Student Loans with an interest rate of 4.95%
The Student Loan of Bulgarian American Credit Bank lets you:
- Pay your tuition fees and/or cover child support if you become a parent during your studies
- Have grace period up to a year after graduation, whereby you don’t need to repay any part of the loan
- Pay no fees, commissions or other expenses directly related to the granting and management of the loan
Eligibility to apply for a Government-Backed Student Loan is limited to students or doctoral candidates who meet all of the following requirements:
- Hold citizenship in Bulgaria, another Member State of the European Union, a country of the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation
- Have not yet attained the age of 35
- Are studying full-time for acquisition of an educational and qualification degree of ‘Bachelor’ or ‘Master’, or of an educational and scientific degree of ‘Doctor’ at a state or private higher education institution or scientific organization, established and functioning in accordance with the Higher Education Act
- Have not previously acquired the same educational qualification or academic degree
- Have not discontinued their studies or been expelled, except in cases provided for in the SDCLA
Eligibility for a child support loan is granted in the event of birth or adoption of a child during the course of studies. The right to a loan is given to the parent who exercises parental rights. If both parents have parental rights, the right to a loan is given to one of them..
Annual interest rate
fixed interest rate
- Tuition fee loan – the amount of the loan is determined based on the fees due for a period equal to the remaining period of studies of the student/ doctoral candidate according to the curriculum of the respective discipline and the educational qualification or academic degree.
- Child support loan – the amount of the loan is calculated as the sum of semestrial support allowance over a period of time, equal to the remaining period of studies, depending on the respective discipline’s curriculum and the educational qualification or academic degree. The semestrial support allowance is equal to the minimum salary for Bulgaria multiplied by the number of months in the respective semester.
- Tuition fee loan – funds transferred directly to BACB account of the higher education institution or scientific organization
- Child support loan – funds transferred directly the BACB account of the student / doctoral candidate
- The grace period is the period from the conclusion of the loan agreement until the expiry of one year from the first date of the final state examination or diploma thesis defense relative for the respective curriculum and the educational degree, respectively from the doctoral program end date
- During the grace period, no principal or interest payments are due. During the grace period, the amount drawn down accrues loan interest that is capitalized annually
In equal monthly repayment instalments.
The loan repayment begins one month after the grace period expiration according to the repayment schedule, drawn up at the last day of the grace period.
Up to 10 years (120 months) after the grace period expiration
NO fees and commissions
- Loan application (Bank template)
- Copy of an ID
- Document issued by the educational institution certifying the full-time enrollment status of the student/doctoral candidate and the right to enroll for the following semester
- Other documents, if needed to meet legal requirements
In case of a child support loan, the above-listed documents must be complemented by:
- A copy of a birth certificate whereby the student/doctoral candidate is designated as a parent or a copy of an enforceable court decision granting the request for adoption, whereby the student/doctoral candidate is designated as an adoptive parent
- A document issued by the higher educational institution or scientific organization, certifying that the student/doctoral candidate was of such capacity in the year of birth or adoption of the child