- Lower fees for the following basic operations at any time withinp the Republic of Bulgaria:
- Depositing funds on payment account
- Withdrawing cash from a payment account at the BACB counters or at an ATM terminal during or outside t BACB business hours
- Executing the following payment transactions:
a) direct debits
b) payment transactions executed by a payment card, incl. payment transactions via BACB remote banking channels
c) credit transfers in BGN through BISERA, incl. orders for periodic transfers, at ATM and POS terminals and at BACB counters, as well as via BACB remote banking channels
- Unlimited number of transactions may be executed on a payment account for basic services in respect to the above-described services on the spot - in BACB offices or via BACB remote banking channels
- Performing any other payment transactions at the standard fees according to BACB List of terms and conditions
At the BACB counters, upon presenting all necessary documents and signing a Framework Agreement for the Opening and Servicing of Bank Accounts and Provision of Payment Services to Customers – Natural Persons. A payment account for basic services may only be opened by a local and foreign natural person, lawfully residing in the EU. This includes individuals, having no permanent address, seeking international protection, as well as individuals, not provided with a residence permit, but who cannot be expulsed due to legal or factual reasons.
Purchasing additional BACB services and products is not a mandatory condition for using the payment account for basic services.
Upon the submission of the payment account for basic services opening request, BACB will either open the account or refuse to do so no later than 10 days upon receiving all necessary documents.
BACB is entitled to refuse the opening of such an account in the following cases
- The client already has a payment account for basic operations with BACB or another bank operating on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria
- The client already holds more than one active payment accounts, using the services provided by payment account for basic services as listed above
- If the opening of the account is in conflict with the provisions, outlined in the prevention of the use of the financial system for the purposes of money laundering or terrorist financing
- Identity document of the natural person – account holder.
- If the account is to be opened by a proxy – a notarized power of attorney and an identity document of the respective proxy. If the power of attorney has been issued abroad, it must be accompanied by an apostille or legalization under the respective procedure, as well as by Bulgarian translation, made by a sworn, certified translator (certified by notary for the authenticity of the signature)
- Other documents, evidencing the legal residence within the European Union of citizens of non-EU countries, having EU residence permits, individuals seeking refuge and other categories of individuals
Interest accrues at the end of each calendar quarter, applying the interest rate for payment accounts in BGN, specified in the BACB Interest Rate Bulletin.